Middle School and High School
NOTE: According to State Department of Education requirements, school sponsored interscholastic athletics are not permitted for students in kindergarten through grade 6.
- In order to be eligible to try out a student must have no failing grades in the previous 9 weeks.
- A student must have a ‘C’ average (2.0) or above of all grades based on their credit value.
- To maintain eligibility to participate, a student must have a minimum of a 2.0 average for the previous grading period and have no failing grades at the end of the previous grading period and/or midterm report.
- Midterm checks of all athletes’ grades will be conducted during the active season. Failing any class, or failing to maintain a 2.0 average of all classes, will result in a suspension from the team until notification to the Athletic Director indicates a passing grade. Students will be responsible to verify academic improvement to the Athletic Director. This is necessary for re-entry into a sport.
- Eligibility includes standards established by the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA). Tree of Life Christian Schools’ academic standards exceed those of OHSAA.
- Grades received for the fourth term in grades 7-11 will determine eligibility for participation in the fall athletic program.
- Summer school grades and career center grades cannot be used to determine athletic eligibility.